AWSS meeting at AAASS in Denver

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU
Fri Oct 27 20:29:35 UTC 2000

Dear colleagues in women's and gender studies,

This fall, in place of the usual general AWSS membership meeting
which so often conflicted with appealing panels at AAASS, we have
reserved space for lunch in the restaurant ("Tiffany Rose") at the
AAASS conference hotel (Adam's Mark) in Denver, at 12:15 on Saturday,
November 11.  Each of us may chose not to eat, or may bring $14.00 in
cash which will cover a lunch from the buffet, a drink, and the
gratuity (...obligatory for parties of over 8).  Not only members of
AWSS, but everyone with an interest in women's and gender studies
scholarship and/or the status of women in the Slavics profession is
invited to attend; there will be an announcement on the program
supplement as well as a reminder at the AWSS table in the exhibit
hall.

We will begin the meeting with the most necessary and agreeable parts
of the annual AWSS business -- one ballot initiative, brief
announcements, and presentation of the Heldt Prizes, Graduate Student
Awards, Mary Zirin Prize, and the Outstanding Achievement Award for
this year.  After that, members and their guests will enjoy a chance
to socialize and network for the rest of the time.

Let me remind AWSS members who would like to show a copy of
publications or press releases about publications of the display on
the AWSS table in the exhibition hall.  At the end of the conference
(Sunday morning) a number of these books will be raffled off to
benefit the organization.  If you would like to have your book on
display, please contact me (Sibelan Forrester) at
<sforres1 at swarthmore.edu>.  If you bring a personal copy, please be
aware that we cannot guarantee against the possibility of theft,
though we will have the table staffed at all times.

Thank you for your attention, and we look forward to seeing you there!

Sibelan

Sibelan Forrester
AWSS President (1999-2000)
Swarthmore College