Polish Fonts

Michael Trittipo tritt002 at MAROON.TC.UMN.EDU
Wed Sep 6 23:01:49 UTC 2000

At 15:03 2000/09/06 -0500, you wrote:
>I would be grateful if somebody could help me find a good Polish font
>compatible with Windows and an International keyboard.

Do you have any other requirements?  If it has to work with the later
versions of WordPerfect, then you may have problems.  (WordPerfect can do
Polish, I'm told, but it has its own fonts.)  If it's good enough for you
that something works in Word & WordPad, then Dr. Saskova-Pierce's
suggestion ought to work.

By the way, it's now possible to do Czech (plus Polish, Turkish, etc.) on
the Palm.  The "Interpilot" program at
http://www.sergem.net/interpilot/Default.htm works like a charm.  I now
have all the Czech diacritics available in all of my Palm's programs where
I want them; the Graffiti handwriting strokes to enter them are easy; & the
diacritics transfer well into my Windows programs, too, on syncing up.
(Sometimes, e.g., with memos, I have to cut & paste from some program that
doesn't know all system fonts, like Outlook's memos, into some program that
does, like WordPad or Textpad; but that's not Interpilot's fault, it's a
Microsoft issue.)

I don't have any connection to Interpilot, other than being a very
satisfied user.

Michael Trittipo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
mailto:tritt002 at tc.umn.edu