freedom of the press

Pavel Samsonov p0s5658 at ACS.TAMU.EDU
Thu Sep 21 01:05:37 UTC 2000

>   As somebody has said Russia cannot be understood by reason but by
> heart. For those who hate Russians, Russia will remain an enigma for ever.
>
> Cheers,
> Tsuji

"Umom Rossiju ne poniat',
Arshinom obshchim ne izmerit',
U nej osobennaja stat',
V Rossiju mozhno tol'ko verit'".

Indeed, "umom ne poniat'".

Tsiuji. I don't believe there are many people who hate Russians. But Russian
have been perceived as potential threat.
Russia will never become rich unless it abandons its ambitions to play a
major role in the world and to be a superpower.
The sunken Kursk is many unpaid pensions to millions of toothless and sick
"babushka's".
There are many "Kursks" and even more nukes. I served in the Soviet army and
I know what it is about. They cannot even shoe soldiers they way they
should.

It is high time the Russian government understood that Russia should be a
normal, calm and cultivated average country which thinks about its people
rather than about its ambitions.

Pavel