Heinle & Heinle 2nd Annual National Videoconference/WebCast

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Mon Sep 25 16:25:18 UTC 2000

The Heinle & Heinle VideoConference on mentoring foreign language
TAs, Lecturers, and adjunct lecturers is in conjunction with the
publication of the annual volume of the AAUSC (American Association
of University Supervisors, Coordinators and Directors of Foreign
Language Programs) Series in Issues in Language Program Direction,
_Mentoring of Foreign Language TAs, Lecturers, and Adjunct Faculty_
in November 2000.  The volume will be on display at the Heinle &
Heinle booth at the ACTFL Conference.

The volume features several articles by Slavists, including:

Richard Robin, George Washington University, "Working with Lecturers
and Part-Time Faculty:  A Case Study of Russian in the National
Capital Area"

Patricia Chaput, Harvard University, "What Should We Be Looking For?
A Language Instructor's Candidate Profile"

Betty Lou Leaver, Independent Scholar (and Editor of the AATSEEL
Newsletter), and Rebeccca Oxford, "Mentoring in Style"

- Benjamin Rifkin, editor of the volume,
Section Head for the Less Commonly Taught Languages for the AAUSC

--

Benjamin Rifkin

Associate Prof., Slavic Dept., UW-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706
voice: 608/262-1623; fax: 608/265-2814;

Director of the Russian School
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT  05753
voice:  802/443-5533; fax: 802/443-5394