Russian Language Informant

Sally Hewitt Sarah.Hewitt at SIMONANDSCHUSTER.COM
Wed Sep 27 01:30:06 UTC 2000

To Anybody Who's Interested,

I am seeking a native speaker of Russian, living in the Boston area, to work with us in the writing of our Russian language instruction program.

We produce the Pimsleur Tapes, a unique way to learn to speak foreign languages.  Courses are taught by listening and responding to recorded conversations and directions on tapes, in 30-minute lessons.

This person must be a native speaker of Russian, have experience in writing and/or editing Russian, have experience teaching the Russian language to adults, and be familiar with contemporary Russian, i.e., post-Soviet.

The job would be to work with our staff writer, checking  the script of the program for the tapes.  The person would need to read through the existing script, and notice any mistakes in spelling, grammar, usage, etc., and give feedback.  It would take about 30 hours, and could be done mostly at home, via correspondence with our person via e-mail or phone.  The initial meeting / interview would be here at our office, as would another meeting or two.

If after the interview we mutually agree that it's a good match, fees and possibly a contract will be discussed.

We are located in Concord, MA, about a half an hour west of Boston and Cambridge.  The MBTA commuter rail runs from Boston & Cambridge to Concord.

If anybody is interested, they may e-mail me at Sarah.Hewitt at simonandschuster.com.  I look forward to replies.

Thank You,

Sally Hewitt
Producer