'kushat''

Natalia Samoilova ns7 at ST-ANDREWS.AC.UK
Mon Apr 2 08:39:51 UTC 2001

I remember my teacher of stylistics at Moscow State University (1994)
used to make fun of this word: in the 1 person it is as inappropriate as
"moja supruga" (you can say "Kushajte, pozhalujsta!" (polite) or "Vasha
supruga"
(official), but you should say "ja em" or "moja zhena").
But the situation could change.

Natalia Samoilova.