New Russian Language Textbook

Evgenii Bershtein Evgenii.Bershtein at DIRECTORY.REED.EDU
Fri Apr 6 07:15:18 UTC 2001

Message from Anna Yatsenko:

I would like to bring to your attention a new textbook for advanced Russian language students and students of contemporary Russian semantics entitled "Concessive Semantics in Contemporary Russian".  Complex in itself and challenging even to educated native speakers, concessive semantics represents a neglected area in pedagogical literature which, at best, has received cursory and unsystematic coverage in a handful of advanced Russian grammars and in specialized professional literature.

CONCESSIVE SEMANTICS IN CONTEMPORARY RUSSIAN  offers the first  systematic study, analysis, and presentation of this rich semantic resource of Russian.  Combining theoretical treatment with practical materials (exercises, examples, comparative English/Russian samples), this workbook is aimed at the advanced student of Russian language, the student of Russian poetry, poetics,  prosaics, and Russian syntactics and semantics.

The text is informed by my professional training and experiencein Teaching Russian as a Second Language at the Herzen Pedagogical University, St. Petersburg, and at Reed College, Portland, Oregon, where I have tested and refined the materials.

I would be happy to send you a copy of the book for your review and use in your courses on advanced Russian language, stylistcs, and semantics. Please feel free to contact me at the following address, or simply return the enclosed card.

With best wishes,
Anna Yatsenko
Russian Language Scholar
Reed College"

 Number of copies @ $10.00--------
         Add postage $8.00
                         Total
   (Please make out check to Anna Yatsenko)
Send to:
        Name_________________________
        Title__________________________
        Mailing Address_________________