SEELANGS

Vitaly A. Chernetsky vac10 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Mon Apr 9 02:20:40 UTC 2001

Dear Pavel,

Sorry for the delayed reply. The address for SEELANGS is:

"SEELangs: Slavic & E. European Languages & literatures list"
<SEELANGS at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>

Things are supremely hectic, for me, as well as for Cathy N. She's at
BASEES right now, and while she'll be away, the harriman instaitute will
elect the new director (she seems to be the most likely candidate). For
me, this week was as follows: Monday I returned from Odessa, changing
planes in Istanbul. Tuesday, we had a talk by Tatyana Tolstaya. Wednesday
I found out Northwestern turned down my manuscript, and Ron Meyer and I
decided to try Cambridge. Thusrday through Saturday was the ASN
convention; my panel was in the last slot, late Saturday afternoon, and
from there I rushed to the Met to see the last performance this season of
Profofiev's "Igrok" (done by Gergiev, of course, with kmostly Russian
singers). On Friday there was also a 50th anniversary reception at the
Bakhmeteff Archive. Also Friday I found out I got the PepsiCo Harriman
grant for my summer trip (archives in Leyden, then a stop in Ghent, and a
week in Paris) which I now need to plan in earnest... And a million
errands await in the meantime...

Vot tak i zhivem...

All the best, as always, keep in touch,
V.

P.S. Japan was good (only a bit disorienting at the beginning), but now
seems ages ago. I'll tell you more later...