AATSEEL Book Prizes

Kevin Platt kmfp4747 at POMONA.EDU
Mon Apr 16 22:59:42 UTC 2001

Dear Seelangers:

Please respondd to the call for nominations for the AATSEEL book prizes
below. Nominations have been a little slow this year, and I would
especially like to encourage nominations in the pedagogy category: this
is
a new category as of last year, and I am certain that there are books
and
textbooks published in the last three years which are deserving of
consideration for this prize but which have not been nominated.
Instructions for nominating are at the bottom of the call for
notminations
below.

Best,

Kevin Platt

AATSEEL Book Awards: Call for Nominations

The Publications Committee of AATSEEL is soliciting nominations for its
annual awards competition. As in the past, awards will be given: for the

best book of literary or cultural scholarship; for the best translation
from a slavic language; for the best book of linguistic scholarship; and

for the best contribution to language pedagogy. To nominate a book in
any
of these four categories, please send one copy to: Kevin Platt, Chair of

the AATSEEL Publications Committee, Department of German and Russian,
Pomona College, 550 N. Harvard Avenue, Claremont, CA 91711. For the 2000

competition, we will be considering books published in 1999, 2000, and
2001.

The deadline for nominations is: June 1, 2001

Associate Professor Kevin M. F. Platt

kplatt at pomona.edu
http://pages2.pomona.edu/~kplatt

Department of German and Russian Language and Literature
Pomona College
550 N. Harvard Avenue
Claremont, CA 91711
Tel: 909-621-8927