Pardon my ignorance!

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Wed Apr 18 20:07:33 UTC 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Tom Priestly wrote:

> Re: Nabokov and "otsebyatina":
snip

> So I can delete my reference to Nabokov as the coiner of the word - which
> is what I once read somewhere. Of course, he is probably deserving of
> credit for encouraging the use of the word, which is a very handy one.

It is not just a handy but a very common word, especially in the
expression "Porot' otsebjatinu." I do not think that there is (or was) any
need to encourage anybody to use it.

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at acsu.buffalo.edu>