Academic & Cultural Programs at Middlebury

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Mon Apr 23 02:01:37 UTC 2001

Dear Colleagues:

If you're interested in the academic and/or cultural programs this
summer at Middlebury's Russian School, please see our website at:

http://www.middlebury.edu/~ls/Russian/curriculum/index.html

You will find listings of our 11 graduate courses (6-week program) in
language, literature, and civilization, as well as information about
our planned concerts, lectures, symposia, panel discussions, clubs,
and other activities.  For the cultural programming, click on the
link for the co-curricular program.

Of course, we are very pleased to be able to host writer Vladimir
Voinovich this summer in late July.  We are also delighted to host
the annual literary symposium (formerly hosted by the Norwich Russian
School.) This year's topic is "Nachalo veka, kak kul'turnyi fenomen."
The symposium will begin with a lecture by Professor Lev Loseff of
Dartmouth University on Friday, July 20th, and a concert by pianist
Tatyana Yampolskaya.

If you have questions about the programs at Middlebury, please don't
hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin
Director, Middlebury Russian School

--
____________________________
Benjamin Rifkin

Associate Prof., Slavic Dept., UW-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706
voice: 608/262-1623; fax: 608/265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic/rifkin/

Director of the Russian School
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT  05753
voice:  802/443-5533; fax: 802/443-5394
http://www.middlebury.edu/~ls/Russian/