High school Russian classes online

Anna Rakityanskaya rakitya at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Fri Feb 2 17:17:58 UTC 2001

Dear friends,

I am posting this query for someone who is not the member of the list.
Please reply directly to:  Mia Miller mmiller at totalmerchantservices.com

Thank you,

 Anna Rakityanskaya
 Bibliographer, Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
 Russian and East European Network Information Center  (REENIC) coordinator
 http://reenic.utexas.edu/reenic.html
 General Libraries - Cataloging
 PCL 2.300; S5453
 University of Texas
 Austin, TX 78713-8916

 Phone: (512) 495-4188
 Fax: (512) 495-4410
 E-mail: rakitya at mail.utexas.edu

I have a 16 year old daughter who was adopted from Tallinn Estonia when
she was 12.  Now that she is in her freshman year at high school, she needs
to fulfill her second language requirement, and instead of starting a third
language, we have decided to have her maintain her native Russian.  There
are no Russian classes offered at her high school, or a local community
college, and there are no school district approved tutors.  Can you please
recommend a few on line Russian classes to me?  My daughter has not really
spoken the language for about 2 1/2 years, but I know she would pick it up
very fast.
I will be anxiously awaiting your reply (as will her school district).
Thank you very much for your attention in this matter!
Sincerely,
Mia Miller
mmiller at totalmerchantservices.com
Phone: 888-848-6825-day