Fwd: CFP: Slavic Forum at UofC

David Kaiser dwkaiser at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Sat Feb 3 04:47:33 UTC 2001

The deadline for submission of abstracts for the University of Chicago
Slavic Forum is almost upon us, less than two weeks (2/15). I would like to
especially encourage students in Slavic linguistics to take advantage of
this opportunity to submit a paper for the conference, since this year we
will have panels in linguistics as well as literature. Thank you for your
attention, we look forward to reading the abstracts.

DKaiser

>>>The Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
>>>and the Graduate Slavic Society
>>>of the University of Chicago
>>>
>>>present
>>>
>>>SLAVIC FORUM 2001
>>>Graduate Student Conference
>>>on Russian and Central/East European
>>>Literature, Linguistics and Culture
>>>April 27-28, 1999
>>>
>>>Deadline for submission of abstracts:  FEBRUARY 15, 2001
>>>
>>>Slavic Forum 2001 will be held on the campus of the University of
>>>Chicago on April 27th and 28th, 2001.  We invite graduate students
>>>working in the literatures and cultures of Russia, Central and Eastern
>>>Europe to submit abstracts for a twenty-minute presentation.  This year
>>>we are pleased to expand our conference to include those working in
>>>Linguistics.  Although we will gladly consider proposals for any work in
>>>these fields, we are particularly interested in submissions
>>>commemorating the new millennium with a focus on transition not
>>>necessarily limited temporally: issues of periodization such as
>>>Modernism, Post-modernism, New Sincerity; Millenarianism, Apocalyptic
>>>discourse and Messianisms; genre hybrids; interdisciplinary and new
>>>approaches in Slavic studies.
>>>
>>>Please send a one-page abstract (approximately 250 words or less) to
>>>Steven Clancy at sclancy at midway.uchicago.edu by February 15, 2001.
>>>Although we prefer to receive abstracts via e-mail, they may be sent by
>>>post to the following address:
>>>
>>>Slavic Forum
>>>Attn.:  Steven Clancy
>>>University of Chicago
>>>1130 East 59th Street
>>>Chicago, IL  60637

"A shared purpose did not claim my identity.
On the contrary, it enlarged my sense of myself."
         Senator John McCain