Mac MS Word 98 and Russian

Kat Tancock tancockk at UVIC.CA
Wed Feb 7 15:11:03 UTC 2001

Hi Greg,

I personally use Apple Works for most of my word processing - the
uncomplicated stuff, anyways. Being an Apple program, it coordinates well
with the Apple language kits. I've never had a problem using Russian with
Apple Works.

Word 98 and Word Perfect (which Corel hasn't updated in many years, and no
longer supports) are both extremely flaky. We run them in my lab and have
nothing but problems with them both. However, I have been using Office 2001
over the last month, and I have to say that it is a great improvement over
98. You may want to consider upgrading if you really need to use Word.

If you do want to try WordPerfect. go to www.versiontracker.com and search
for it. It will come up with two things - WP 3.5E and a patch for it.
Definitely apply the patch - it fixes several annoying bugs with
WordPerfect.

Kat