commissar

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Fri Feb 16 22:50:42 UTC 2001

Dear Colleagues,

I have heard Askol'dov himself speak about all this.  The film was
shelved for 21 years.  At one point it was about to be destroyed, but
Askol'dov succeeded, at the last moment, in shaming Suslov into granting
the film a reprieve, telling him he would be remembered by future
generations as the equivalent of a Nazi book-burner.

Robert Chandler