Call for Panels, AATSEEL 2001

Karen Evans-Romaine evans-ro at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Fri Jan 5 21:34:00 UTC 2001

INVITATION TO SUBMIT PANEL DECLARATIONS
AATSEEL 2001, NEW ORLEANS

The AATSEEL Program Committee invites all AATSEEL members to submit panel
declarations to be published in the  Call for Papers, February AATSEEL
Newsletter.  A panel declaration form is included below.  The deadline for
panel declarations is this Wednesday, 10 January 2001, in order to meet the
Newsletter's publishing deadline.  We will, however, accept panel
declarations after that date for web publication only.  All panel
declarations will be posted on the AATSEEL Program Committee web site at:

http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~djb/aatseel.html

If the panel title seems insufficiently explanatory, you may also submit a
short paragraph detailing the panel's theme.  (It will be posted on the web
page, though space will probably prohibit inclusion in the Newsletter.)

We strongly encourage panel chairs to recruit panelists for your proposed
panel; your energy as chair can help ensure a successful panel.  In the
past, most panels have had either four papers or three papers and a
discussant.  All panelists will need to submit abstracts to the Program
Committee for peer review by either April 15 or August 1.

The Program Committee will also publish titles of other panels in the
Newsletter Call for Papers, if no chairs come forward with declarations for
panels that have been popular in the past.  Such panels will be listed with
a member of the Program Committee as Coordinator and are open for
volunteers to chair them.

No paper that is accepted in the refereeing process will be denied a place
at the conference.

Please submit panel declarations to only one of the three contact persons:

Professor William J. Comer (Pedagogy)
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
Wescoe Hall 2134
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045-2174
phone: 785-864-4701
fax: 785-864-4298
email: wjcomer at ukans.edu

Professor Jane Hacking (Linguistics)
Department of Languages and Literatures
University of Utah
255 South Central Campus Drive, Suite 1400
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
phone: 801-581-6688 (office), 801-581-7561 (department)
fax: 801-581-7581
email: j.hacking at m.cc.utah.edu

Professor Karen Evans-Romaine (Literature and Culture)
Department of Modern Languages
Gordy Hall 283
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701-2979
phone: 740-593-2791 (office), 740-593-2765 (department)
fax: 740-593-0729
email: evans-ro at ohio.edu

Submissions by e-mail are preferred, but submissions by regular post and
fax are also acceptable.  Submissions by e-mail attachment are discouraged.

Panel Declaration Form

Panel or Forum Title:

Chair's Name:

Chair's Academic Affiliation:

Chair's Postal Address:

Chair's Telephone:

Chair's Fax:

Chair's E-mail Address:

Equipment and Other Special Requirements (if any):

Brief Panel Description (if needed):

Not a current member of AATSEEL but interested in participating in next
year's conference in New Orleans?  See this site on the AATSEEL web page:

http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel/AATSEEL/join.html

The beginning of the new year is a good time to become a member of AATSEEL,
or to renew your membership for 2001.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.  We hope to see you
in New Orleans!

Best wishes,

Karen Evans-Romaine
Chair, AATSEEL Program Committee