recommendations for texts on Russian Women

Marissa Polsky Polsky at ACTR.ORG
Thu Jan 18 21:54:43 UTC 2001

Dear Ms. Rosset,

It just so happens that on Russnet, there is a Russian language online learning module called "Russian Women Today."  In this module are articles by Yekaterina Lakhova and Tatyana Tolstaya on the role of women in Russia.  There is also an interview with Masha Rasputina.

The articles are in Russian, and the primary goal of the site is language learning with a web-interface, but the articles themselves are interesting, if you don't have them already.  I think the Tolstaya one is available in English, though I am unsure of the rest.

To take a look at the site, you can go to the website http://www.russnet.org/online.html.  Then, click on Russian Women today.  The registration process is just to keep track of scores for the online testing.  If you would like to register, please do so by all means.  If you would just like to peruse the articles on the site, simply click on "Return User" and then click okay when the browser asks for your password.  Although the articles are large and in the exercises are broken up into parts, you can look at the entire text of each unit by clicking the button on the bottom entitled "View the whole text for this unit."

If you need any more help, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Marissa Polsky
Web Applications Developer
American Councils for International Education:
ACTR/ACCELS