FWD: Playing Lotto in Chekhov's play THE SEAGULL

George Mitrevski mitrege at AUBURN.EDU
Fri Jan 19 14:01:57 UTC 2001

If you can be of help, please reply to original sender of message.

>===== Original Message From "R. Cliff Thompson" <cthompson at FHU.EDU> =====
I'm directing a production of Chekhov's THE SEAGULL and am at a loss to
discover how to play lotto! The game is played in Act IV. A board is
referenced in the script as are bidding practices and various moves.

I'd appreciate any insight you could give me into the game. Also, I would
appreciate any help you could give me in acquiring game rules or a picture of
the game set.

Thank you for your time.

Dr. R. Cliff Thompson                       901/989-6780
Director of Theatre                           cthompson at fhu.edu
Freed-Hardeman University
Henderson, TN 38340

Dr. George Mitrevski        office: 334-844-6376
Foreign Languages              fax: 334-844-6378
6030 Haley Center           e-mail: mitrege at auburn.edu
Auburn University        voicemail: 435-806-7037
Auburn, AL 36849-5204

Web: http://www.auburn.edu/~mitrege/
Buy my used books in Macedonian, Russian and other Slavic languages:
http://semiology.safeshopper.com/