The Engineer of human soul

Andrew Jameson a.jameson at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sat Jan 20 13:02:18 UTC 2001

Dushenko K V, Slovar' Sovremennykh Tsitat, M., Agraf, 1997.
Stalin, Quote No 252:
(With two asterisks, meaning undocumented, "izvestnyi lish'
v peredache drugikh lits".)

INZHENERY CHELOVECHESKIKH DUSH
Na vstreche s pisatelyami u M. Gor'kogo 26 okt. 1932

Opredelenie "inzhener chelovecheskogo materiala" vstrechalos'
u Yu. Oleshi v ocherke "Chelovecheskii material" (1929). I. Ten
(AJ: probably Hippolyte Taine, French writer) v svoei "Istorii
angliiskoi literatury" (1863) nazval Shekspira "velichaishim
masterom chelovecheskikh dush" (gl. IV, razd. II).

John F Kennedy also used the quote in a speech at Amherst
26 October 1963.

Andrew Jameson
Chair, Russian Committee, ALL
Reviews Editor, Rusistika
Listowner, allnet, cont-ed-lang, russian-teaching
1 Brook Street, Lancaster LA1 1SL   UK
Tel: 01524 32371  (+44 1524 32371)