folklore query

Polina Rikoun rikoun at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Jan 23 18:34:58 UTC 2001

Dear SEELANGers,

I am researching folklore study and folklore collecting practices
in the Russian Empire, and looking for good histories of Russian and
Ukrainian folkloristics from the mid eighteenth to the end of the
nineteenth century.  I found Azadovskii's work, but not much else.  If
anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful.  Please reply off
list.

Best,
Polina Rikoun
Harvard University