CFP: GLiP-3

GLiP glip at VENUS.CI.UW.EDU.PL
Mon Jan 29 00:33:37 UTC 2001

                  ** Apologies for multiple copies **
                       --- PLEASE DISTRIBUTE ---

                               GLiP-3

                GENERATIVE LINGUISTICS IN POLAND 3

                   (Morpho)phonological meeting

DATES:    7-8 April, 2001
LOCATION: Warszawa (Warsaw)

Sponsored by the Institute of English Studies, University of Warsaw

INVITED SPEAKERS:
----------------

Jerzy RUBACH           University of Warsaw / University of Iowa
Tobias SCHEER          University of Nice

                      3rd Call for Papers
                      -------------------

The primary aim of GLiP meetings is to bring together (i) Polish
generative linguists, (ii) generative linguists working in Poland, as
well as (iii) generative linguists working on Polish.

We invite abstracts on any aspect of generative phonology and
morphophonology in any generative approach (Government Phonology,
Lexical Phonology, Optimality Theory). Talks will be organized around
major phonological topics, depending on the content of the
submissions.

The format of the conference is 20 min for presentation + 10 min
question time. Languages of the conference are English and Polish.

GLiP-3 is the first meeting in this conference series devoted to
phonology and morphophonology, the previous meetings being primarily
syntactic in nature. GLiP-3 marks the beginning of what we intend to
become a rule: (morpho)syntactic meetings in the autumn and
(morpho)phonological meetings in the spring.

We are planning to publish a volume of conference proceedings (see our
web pages for information on the proceedings of the previous
meetings.)

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
--------------------

Piotr Banski, University of Warsaw
Beata Lukaszewicz, University of Warsaw
Adam Przepiorkowski, Polish Academy of Sciences

ABSTRACT COMMITTEE:
-------------------

Piotr Banski, University of Warsaw
Edmund Gussmann, University of Gdansk
Beata Lukaszewicz, University of Warsaw
Grazyna Rowicka, HIL / Leiden University
Jerzy Rubach, University of Warsaw / University of Iowa
Tobias Scheer, University of Nice

ACCOMMODATION:
-------------

Accommodation will be provided at the university hotel. Details are
available from the GLiP web page (see below).

CONFERENCE FEES:
---------------

   - Regular: 80 PLN
   - Student: 40 PLN

DATES:
-----

   - DEADLINE for receipt of abstracts:    11 February 2001
   - Notification of acceptance:            5 March 2001
   - Meeting:                             7-8 April 2001

ABSTRACTS:
---------

Should be *anonymous* (i.e., they should contain no personal data or
explicit self-references) and consist of up to 700 words, together
with examples and references.

Because abstract forwarding to referees will be done by e-mail
exclusively, the following are the possible formats of attachments, in
*descending* order of preference:

   (Plain Text) > Postscript > PDF > (La)TeX > Word for Windows '97

In cases when there is no need to use special phonetic symbols or
phonological representations/rules, we strongly encourage PLAIN TEXT
submissions.

We regret to say that other formats will not be accepted.

Should the electronic version of the abstract need special phonetic
fonts apart from the SIL IPA fonts (http://www.sil.org/), please
attach them as well. (We strongly discourage this practice though,
and reserve the right to ask for a resubmission in a different
format.)

Those who submit abstracts in (*self-contained*!) (La)TeX should best
use the tipa.sty package. See <http://venus.ci.uw.edu.pl/~glip/links/>
for pointers to the sites which offer this package for download.

Only one submission per person and one joint submission will be
considered. Abstracts should be written in English or Polish.

Please note: do NOT send abstracts on diskettes. We will accept
*e-mail* submissions *exclusively*.

IMPORTANT: In the plain text part of your email, please supply the
following information:

   - name, title,
   - title of the paper,
   - affiliation,
   - email address,
   - snail mail address.

ADDRESSES:
---------

PLEASE NOTE: ONLY *E-MAIL* SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED

Send your abstracts to:

     GLiP-3 Organizing Committee <glip at venus.ci.uw.edu.pl>

     Please be so kind as to use zip, gzip, bzip2 or some other
     compression utility to COMPRESS the attachment.

For MORE INFORMATION see:

     http://venus.ci.uw.edu.pl/~glip/

PRELIMINARY REGISTRATION (IMPORTANT!):

If you are (tentatively) interested in taking part in this conference,
please, send your email address to GLiP-3 Organizing Committee
<glip at venus.ci.uw.edu.pl>. Most future announcements, changes, etc.,
will be mailed only to registered prospective participants (and not to
general linguistic lists).