XIII International Congress of Slavists

Michael S. Flier flier at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Jan 29 15:14:11 UTC 2001

Let me thank John Dunn for underscoring that the Call for Papers I issued
earlier this month was intended for American Slavists only; the eligibility
requirements included in the announcement make that point explicitly.

As for the International Committee of Slavists  (ICS) deadline of October
1, I want to point out that because of the publication schedule we plan to
use, the American deadline schedule is different.  Applications must be
submitted by March 1, 2001.  Abstracts must be submitted by April 15,
2001.  Papers of successful applicants must be submitted by December 1,
2001.  Information on the XIII International Congress of Slavists,
application form, calendar of deadlines, and guidelines for writing the
abstract and the paper is available at http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~slavic/acs/.

On the basis of the abstracts received, the American Committee of Slavists
(ACS) will select up to 50 submissions and alternates.  These successful
abstracts, which will have been produced according to specific guidelines,
will be sent to the ICS well in advance of the October 1 deadline.
Proposals for thematic blocks will also be submitted by the ACS to the
appropriate ICS committee by the October 1 deadline.

Sincerely,

Michael Flier, Chairman

At 12:27 PM 1/29/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Colleagues,
>
>Further to the announcement made by Michael Flier on this list just before
>New Year, I have posted some information concerning the XIII International
>Congress of Slavists, which is due to take place in Slovenia in August
>2003, on our departmental web-site
>
>http://www2.arts.gla.ac.uk/Slavonic/13thics.htm
>
>The  ICS still works on the principle of 'national delegations', and as you
>will have realised, Michael Flier's call for papers was addressed to
>Slavists based in the United States only.  Other countries will be making
>other arrangements, and intending participants based elsewhere should
>contact their own national organisation or representative. For the U.K.
>this means myself; I have contact details for most other national
>representatives and will be willing to supply these off-list, if requested
>to do so.
>
>You may find it helpful to note that the deadline for each national
>organisation to submit its list of intending participants, together with
>the titles of the proposed papers and abstracts, is 1 October 2001.
>Proposals for panels (these have been limited to 20) should be submitted
>via a relevant national organisation by the same date.  It is one of the
>rules of the ICS that all papers be published in advance of the Congress
>itself.
>
>John Dunn.
>
>John Dunn
>Department of Slavonic Studies
>Hetherington Building
>University of Glasgow
>Glasgow
>G12 8RS
>Great Britain
>
>Telephone (+44) 141 330-5591
>Fax       (+44) 141 330-5593
>e-mail    J.Dunn at slavonic.arts.gla.ac.uk

>                 http://members.home.net/lists/seelangs/

PROF. MICHAEL S. FLIER, Chairman

Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
Harvard University
Barker Center, 12 Quincy Street
Cambridge, MA 02138

TEL.    (617) 495-4065 [Slavic Department]
TEL.    (617) 495-4054 [Linguistics Department]
TEL.    (617) 495-7833 [Ukrainian Research Institute]
FAX     (617) 864-2167 [private]
WEB     http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~slavic/faculty/michael_flier.html