Songs for War & Peace

Charles Mills cmills at KNOX.EDU
Tue Jan 30 18:36:18 UTC 2001

Dear SEELANGers,

Our college is putting on a production of War & Peace and they need to find a
couple of Russian folk songs for a particular scene.  Soon they will be tuning
to me for help; I am hoping someone out there will have a suggestion, as 19th
songs are not my thing.  What they are looking for are two songsĀ—"one an
uptempo, vocal, fun kind of song, and the other, a slower song that doesn't
have to be vocal, just something we can adapt to guitar and violin."  If you
have ideas or can send actual sheet music (photocopies), please reach me off
line at cmill at knox.edu.  Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Charles Mills

Department of Modern Languages