NTV

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at MIDDLEBURY.EDU
Wed Jul 4 20:50:42 UTC 2001

Dear Colleagues:

Thanks for your quick help in finding NTV schedules.  Here's a report
to the list.

1) NTV admits that its site isn't working for technical reasons
beyond its control.  There is no sense as to when it will be up and
running.  Their website is www.ntvworld.com - at some point it should
be up and running again, but who knows when that will be.

2)  Here are some other sources for this information:

http://www.techelectronic.com/tech_info/languages/russian.htm

<http://www.ntv.com.tr/news/ENGLISH_Front.asp>http://www.ntv.com.tr/news/ENGLISH_Front.asp

<http://www.sat-address.com/ln/NTV-HTB.shtml>http://www.sat-address.com/ln/NTV-HTB.shtml

http://www.russiantvguide.com/framesets/russiantvguide.htm

3) Those interested in the news can see it as follows:

The schedule for NTV International that I found in Novoe russkoe slovo
indicates that the news (Segodnya) runs at 3:15AM, 6AM, 7AM, 8AM, 11AM
and 2PM - at least for the few days that I checked.  I also noticed that
on at least one day at 7PM there's a program Segodnya v Amerike - sounds
interesting.  Hope this helps.

4) TV-6 live is at

http://www.tv6.ru/live/

I hope this information is helpful to all.  Thanks to the many people
who contributed bits and pieces of this information.

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin

--
____________________________
Benjamin Rifkin

Associate Prof., Slavic Dept., UW-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706
voice: 608/262-1623; fax: 608/265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic/rifkin/

Director of the Russian School
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT  05753
voice:  802/443-5533; fax: 802/443-5394
http://www.middlebury.edu/~ls/Russian/