Eto(2)

Ralph Cleminson ralph.cleminson at PORT.AC.UK
Wed Jul 18 12:04:46 UTC 2001

> I think that the problem is not in Russian (if it is correct or not,it
> is correct),but how  this sentence correctly translate in english.
>
> I wouldn't tell :It is Sasha that saw Masha..but:
> That's Sasha who saw Masha.
>
> It  sounds "better" (for me).

It doesn't to a native speaker.  The first variant is normal, the second
just odd.

R.M.Cleminson,
Professor of Slavonic Studies,
University of Portsmouth,
Park Building,
King Henry I Street,
Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
tel. +44 23 92 846143, fax: +44 23 92 846040