Shalamov Society

Laura Kline wambah at JUNO.COM
Mon Jul 23 16:20:58 UTC 2001

Dear All,
Marina Vorono of the Shalamov Museum in Vologda and I are founding a
Shalamov Society. Our main  goal at present is to create a website which
will bring scholars and researchers of the life and works of Russian
writer Varlam Tixonovich Shalamov together, make available bibliographic
and other information about Shalamov, and publicize upcoming events.
Ultimately we hope to register the society as a non-profit in order to
raise money for Shalamov-related events. Anyone involved in the study of
the life and works of Shalamov is invited to join the society and to have
his/her name, e-mail/work address, relevant publications and research
interests included on this website. Just send the information to me at:
wambah at juno.com.  Any information about other sites related to Shalamov
is welcome, as are any ideas for developing the role of this society or
improving this website.
I will notify this list as soon as the site is on-line. Its URL will be
www.shalamov.com.
Sincerely,
Laura Kline
Lecturer in Russian