Shalamov Society

Rodney Patterson krylya at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 25 13:21:09 UTC 2001

Dear Laura,

I'm delighted that you've done the work of founding a Shalamov Society.
This is a most worthy undertaking and one that I would think will attract
many scholars who, like me, consider Shalamov a writer of the first rank and
a man whose martyrdom exceeds that of most more famous (and also rightly
honored) martyrs.  I'll send my bio-bibliographical data soon.  Warm regards
from Sally and Clara, who has grown almost as tall as Sally since May!  All
the best, Rod Patterson