Moscow and St. Petersburg for the non-Russian

Catharine Nepomnyashchy cn29 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Thu Jul 26 15:34:08 UTC 2001

I am jumping very belatedly into this discussion, despite the fact that
others have already pointed out that Alla Nedoresow's "mistake" was in the
choice of travel agent, because I believe that conferences for which
Piligrim does arrangements are periodically advertised on this listserve,
and I'd like to warn people again to be wary in their dealings with them.
I will say that, based on my own experience attending the Pushkin jubilee
two years ago, for which Piligrim did many, but not all of the
arrangements, I would be faster to accuse them of inexperience than of
malice or dishonesty.  Still, if you choose to attend a conference in
which they are involved, make sure you know exactly what you are paying
for, and be ready to pay top dollar for extremely poor accomodations, etc.
In fact, I would suggest that if you choose to attend such a conference,
you bypass Piligrim completely and make your own reservations.  On the
other hand, we did enjoy a wonderful trip to Mikhailovskoe arranged by
Piligrim, so they're not all bad. Cathy