help with translation

CSperrle at CS.COM CSperrle at CS.COM
Fri Jul 27 03:24:38 UTC 2001

Dear Alexander,
sorry for the late response. I took me some time to get my koi-8 converter
going.
"Ñëóæåáíûé ðîìàí" is "a love affair at work." Depending on where this is
taking place you could use "love at the office," or something of the kind. Of
course, if you are translation a title--like the title of the Riazanov film--
you have to come up with something shorter and more catchy, maybe "Love at
Work," then you got a pun thrown in.
As for the second "ïðîèçâîäñòâåííàÿ äðàìà," this combination sounds weird to
begin with. Or is this supposed to be a pun on "ïðîèçâîäñòâåííàÿ òðàâìà"
("work injury")? I can see "ïðîèçâîäñòâåííàÿ òðàãåäèÿ," but without context,
I don't know what a "ïðîèçâîäñòâåííàÿ äðàìà" might be.
Hope this is of help.
Best,
Christina Sperrle.

In a message dated 7/23/2001 7:15:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,