SEELANGS Administrivia - (was Re: Away from my mail)

Alex Rudd AHRJJ at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Tue Jul 31 05:20:08 UTC 2001

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:10:50 -0700 Sarah Pratt said:
>I will be in and out (especially out) of the office between July 30 and
>August 13.  Please forgive any delays responding to your email.

Dear SEELANGers,

If you're going to be away from your computer for any period of time
and you don't want mail from this list piling up in your in-box, it's
very easy to suspend delivery of SEELANGS mail.  Simply send the command:

SET SEELANGS NOMAIL

in the body of e-mail to:  LISTSERV at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

Upon your return, just send the command:

SET SEELANGS MAIL

to the same address.

And if you're going to forget to do that, PLEASE don't also set an
auto-responder to reply to each incoming message like the one above.

If you don't have your own copy of the SEELANGS Welcome message,
which contains the commands you'll need to control your own
subscription, you can grab one by sending the command:

GET WELCOME SEELANGS

in the body of e-mail to:  LISTSERV at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

It's also available on our web site (URL below).

I have set Sarah Pratt to NOMAIL so you won't be getting any more
of her auto-replies on the list.

Any questions, let me know off-list.

Thanks.

Alex Rudd                ahrjj at cunyvm.cuny.edu            ARS KA2ZOO