chronicle

Robin Sheeran robin at SHEER.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Mar 8 15:12:24 UTC 2001

Dave Kaiser wrote: "I struggle to find Russian and Polish programming, and I
haven't found any Czech radio or TV. Perhaps the Internet will make it
easier to get in-language radio and TV, but it's still not as accessible as
it needs to be."

There's a whole heap of Czech and Slovak media links on James Naughton's
Oxford University site: http://users.ox.ac.uk/~tayl0010/index.html

Even with my feeble 28.8 modem I can watch Slovak TV news or listen to the
radio of an evening.

What I'm really struggling with is finding a text book for self-study Slovak
at intermediate level. Having worked my way through Naughton's excellent
"Colloquial Slovak" I now find myself facing a blank wall, and Slovak
courses are thin on the ground here in Northern Ireland. Any bright ideas?

Robin Sheeran