Jakobson's poetry

Loren Billings billings at KMUTT.AC.TH
Mon Mar 12 18:26:42 UTC 2001

I once went to MIT's libraries, which houses Jakobson's archives, in
search of an obscure linguistic text he wrote in the 1920s. They had
it. They have whole boxes of stuff by Jakobson. Because I did it in
person so long ago, I don't have any e-mail addresses to offer you.

Apparently, in all its human-resources wisdom, Harvard's Slavic
Department forced RJ to retire when he reached a certain age. MIT was
glad to let him have a place to hang his hat for a while longer. As a
result, his archives are not at Harvard as one might expect.

--
Postscript:
Please note my slightly revised e-mail address.

Loren A. BILLINGS, Ph.D. <billings at kmutt.ac.th>

Department of Applied Linguistics
School of Liberal Arts [office: room 207]
King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi
Pracha U-Tit Road, Thungkru, Ratburana
Bangkok 10140 THAILAND

Office phone:  +66.2.470.8727 (no voice mail)
Office fax:  +66.2.428.3375 (+ "ATTN L. Billings")

My home address:
365/0188 Baan Suan Thon
Phutta Bucha Road, Bangmod, Ratburana
Bangkok 10140 THAILAND

Home phone:  +66.2.426.3660 (no voice mail)

http://www.kmutt.ac.th/~billings