Britannica on Belarusian language

Kristina Efimenko LILAC1549 at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 26 20:00:01 UTC 2001

I would like to respond to ULadzimir Katkouski personally, but don't have his
address. I am not a linguist, but I found his article fascinating! I qould
like to know who this man is.

 I know that other information in various encyclopedias is wrong and was
written by people who wanted us to believe (and probably believed themselves)
the propaganda promoted by Russia (Soviet Union government leaders). The
information we read is only as good as its sources and sometimes those
sources of information have had biased information, usually in favor of the
group (nationality) in power (whether Russia or some other head governing
body). Knowledge has been tweeked by those in power to suit their needs. I
hope we will continue to see more articles on various subjects reflecting a
different, and possibly more valid, viewpoint in the future, especially from
the underrepresented - if not previously unheard - areas formerly part of the
former Soviet Union. Kristina