A good history of Russian film in Russian?

Julie Cassiday Julie.A.Cassiday at WILLIAMS.EDU
Wed May 16 14:31:24 UTC 2001

Dear All,

I'm in the process of preparing a course on Russian film in Russian for next year.  I'd like very much to find a brief history of Russian film *in Russian* that would be appropriate for my students to use.  The course is being designed for undergraduate Russian majors, all of whom have at least three years of college-level Russian and most of whom have spent time studying in Russia already.  Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated.  I'd also appreciate hearing about any resources that you use in teaching Russian/Soviet film, which you find to be particularly useful and I, as a novice teacher of this course, might not know about.

Thank you,

Julie Cassiday
Williams College