Tsvetaeva's poem

Serguei Glebov glebov at RCI.RUTGERS.EDU
Sat May 26 04:23:24 UTC 2001

Dear friends,

I am currently working on the history of the Eurasianist movement in the 1920s-1930s and I have encountered a link that I feel I need more specialized expertize to uncover.
In the papers of Petr Nikolaevich Savitsky, one of the founders of the movement, I found a poem by Marina Tsvetaeva. The poem, called "Petru", was re-typed by Savitsky himself and he dated it by 1921. According to the edition of Tsvetaeva's poemes that I am using (Marina Tsvetaeva, Stikhotvorenia i poemy, ed. by Alexander Sumerkin and Victoria Schweitzer, Russica Publishers, 1982), this poem was written in August 1920.

The poem reads as a clue to the mood of the Eurasianist movement and I would be very much interested in learning more about anything pertaining to the conditions in which it was written, the time period, any critical reactions.

Any bibliographic suggestions and detailed or general comments will be greatly appreciated.

With best regards,

Serguei Glebov