History of Slavonic languages

william ryan wfr at SAS.AC.UK
Tue May 29 13:43:52 UTC 2001

The invariably amusing lectures of the late Boris Unbegaun were always fun and launched me on a sadly underpaid career which I have never regretted.
His published articles are still fun for those who delight in quirkier aspects of linguistic history (but on no account give his book on noun
flexions in Old Russian to any but the solemnest of students - they would probably never recover).
Will Ryan
Warburg Institute