Uzbeck

gthomson gthomson at MAC.COM
Thu May 31 07:39:39 UTC 2001

At 14:40 -0400 30/05/01, Irina Dolgova wrote:
>>Dear Seelangers!
>Could you, please, help to find an appropriate teaching materials for a
>motivated student who wants to study Uzbek on his own?
>Thank you for your help.
>Irina Dolgova

It seems to me that the first step would be to find an Uzbek, not to
find teaching materials. It may take a bit of effort, but languages
aren't found in teaching materials, they are found in the heads and
relationships of live people! So I would advise the person to put
first priority on finding and Uzbek, and second priority on finding
teaching materials. S/he may study Uzbek on his or his own, but
doesn't s/he also want to LEARN Uzbek? S/he can't do that on his or
her own.
Warmly,
Greg