The Czechs prosecute political views

LeJeune Decker ljdecker1 at HOME.COM
Sat Nov 3 20:25:38 UTC 2001

AMEN  from ljdecker1 at home.com
----- Original Message -----
From: <LEKX at AOL.COM>
To: <SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2001 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: The Czechs prosecute political views

In a message dated 11/3/2001 6:36:49 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
jcu2 at CABLEOL.CO.UK writes:

> I was bemused to receive a gentle reprimand from Alex Rudd, the
> administrator of this list, who told me that my info about the current
> infringements of freedom of speech in the Czech Republic  does not fall
> within the theme of "Slavonic Languages and Literatures".
>
> Well, where come from (Prague) the issue of literature has always been
> closely connected with the issue of freedom of speech - it is impossible
> divide the two. I find it remarkable that some students of Slavonic
> Languages and Literatures might not understand this.
>
> Also, a distrubing whiff of political correctness exudes from Mr. Rudd´s
> note, so I sign off  and leave you to your deliberations.

I wish to say BRAVO !!  Jan Culik,

Please do not leave this news group, for without people such as you this
list
 isn't worth (as) much. I look to the Internet and news groups like this one
for a better view and understanding not only of Slavic Language and
Literature but the important events in those cultures  and how they pertain
to us.

America has it's own problems with freedom of speach. Our major news  media
exudes in political correction and seems be run by the likes of people such
as Howie Aronson( a commentator on your letter). You remind me of how
important free speach  is here and in the Eastern Block countries.

Alex Efimenko