usage of comma a la Grot - utochnenije

Yoshimasa Tsuji yamato at yt.cache.waseda.ac.jp
Tue Nov 6 00:12:29 UTC 2001

Dear Dr Silantev,
  Thank you very much for a detailed explanation from the contemporary
point of view. However, I must say, every one who is engaged in
book editing -- particularly very experienced proof-readers --knows
the contemporary punctuation rules, including the difference in
meaning and nuances between <dlja togo, chtoby> i <..,dlja togo chtoby>.

  The thing is that I am dealing with the pre-revolutionary rules! The
reason I referred to the 1956 rules is that I imagined they had few
differences from the earlier rules (but am not too sure about this).

  Kstati, Grot i dr. ob"jasnjajut razlichie mezhdu <, potomu chto> i
<potomu, chto>. Mne kazhetsja, nashi primery analogichny na <potomu chto>,
no vot problema:
  Original'nye korrektory v febrale 1918 goda khorosho ponimali
razlichie mezhdu dvumjami <potomu chto>, no otnositel'no <dlja togo chtoby>,
i t. p., oni delali mekhanicheski, to est', ne imeja v vidu razlichie
v smysle. (Da, ja sejchas' redaktiruju ne rukopis', a ottisk, obrabotannyj
neposledovatel'nymi korrektorami)

Eshche raz blagodarju Vas.

S uvazheniem,

Cudzi

----
P.S.
Excuse me for leaving my scribble in Russian -- I'm too tired...