visas

Yoshimasa Tsuji yamato at yt.cache.waseda.ac.jp
Wed Nov 7 00:28:23 UTC 2001

>A few weeks ago I read over internet that our embassy in Moscow was no =
>longer issuing visas. Is this still in effect?  What about our =
>Consulates in other Russian cities?  Are we issuing visas for students =
>from Russia? (at the college level)

Assuming only Americans use that kind of idiomatic expression ("our
embassy"), I'd like  to say a few words on this.
  On the contrary, US Consulate in Moscow has speeded up visa
authorization in September and October (my information is valid
only up to three weeks ago) -- those who have been to the US and
safely returned to Russia will have their visa re-issued practically
automatically.
  Needless to say, first time tourists, particularly young folks
without sufficient financial support, are refused visas in principle.

Cheers,
Tsuji

---
P.S.
If you wish to know more, just ring "your embassy" in Moscow.