Canadian help in a hurry

Genevra Gerhart ggerhart at home.com
Fri Nov 9 16:57:51 UTC 2001

Good morning!
I have a friend who is setting up a course on Canadian studies in Nizhniy
Novgorod. If you know someone who can help, here is her definition of the
problem:
------------
I'm pretty clear on what to include into the course of Canadian
Studies, what I do not know is where to get some factual material or
what books should be entered in the regular list of recommended
literature, etc., i.e. I need some practical advice from someone who
did it or does it today. I thought of including in the curriculum the
following items: geography, history 18-20 c.c, government and
elections, relations with the USA & GB, cross-cultural issues & how
they're solved, culture & values. It should not be a very long course,
28 hrs at the most (lectures - 22 hrs, seminars - 6 hrs). I have an
application form which demands that I find academics myself, and I
know a couple of Australians, several Brits, but no Canadians. The
application is due Nov. 30, and I was away all through October. Poor
me!
Please send any suggestions you have _directly_ to Rita (Margarita
Sergeevna) at  KMS at osi.nnov.ru

And thank you!
Genevra Gerhart

http://members.home.net/ggerhart