Summer study programs for advanced students in SP?

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Wed Nov 14 22:02:36 UTC 2001

While not in Russia ....

The Middlebury Russian School will be offering (pending enrollment) a
new course for heritage speakers of Russian who are at least high
school graduates and who can read and write in Russian. The course
will be taught by Prof. Tatiana Akishina of USC.

Middlebury will also be offering graduate level courses in Russian
history, film, society, literature and language.

I will post to this listserv list of our graduate and undergraduate
academic programs for summer 2002 in early December.

Those listmembers attending the AAASS conference in Washington, DC
are encouraged to stop by the Middlebury booth at the Exhibit, where
all this information is available.

Please feel free to contact me directly with amy questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin

>Greetings.
>
>I have a student who is a native speaker of Russian (born there, can read
>and write quite well) who would like to enroll in an academic summer
>program in Saint Petersburg where she could improve/update her vocabulary
>and study Russian politics and history.  Any suggestions of programs that
>would be helpful for a student like that will be welcomed.
>Thanks,
>Don Loewen
>Binghamton University

>                http://members.home.net/lists/seelangs/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Benjamin Rifkin

Professor of Slavic Languages, Slavic Dept., UW-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706 USA
voice:  (608) 262-1623; fax: (608) 265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic/rifkin/

Director, Russian School, Middlebury College
Freeman International Center
Middlebury, VT 05753 USA
voice: (802) 443-5533; fax: (802) 443-5394
http://www.middlebury.edu/~ls/Russian/