Lissistsky

Uladzimir Katkouski uladzik at MAILBOX.HU
Thu Nov 15 13:19:06 UTC 2001

Saskia <d344630 at ER.UQAM.CA> wrote

> I'm looking for a discussion list dedicated either specifically to El
> Lissitsky (if such a thing exists !), or specifically to the Russian
> avant-garde. Thank you in advanced for your cues !

I don't think there are any English-speaking lists specifically about
him, but there is a very nice page about Lissitzky:
http://www.getty.edu/research/tools/digital/lissitzky/index.html
In case you find out about the discussion lists, I think it would be
nice if you shared the address with the rest of us.

BTW, are you also interested in the founder of the whole thing? I mean
Kazimier Malevich from Vitebsk, Belarus, who was his mentor for a while?
Or Marc Chagall who invited Lisitzky in 1919 to teach in an art school
in Vitebsk, Belarus?

Regards,
U.K.