Matryoshka

Yoshimasa Tsuji yamato at YT.CACHE.WASEDA.AC.JP
Sun Nov 25 00:39:11 UTC 2001

Hello,

>but nobody in Japan knows where it comes from.
I would be very surprised if you have asked a Japanese where that Dharma
doll came from. The doll can be tracked down easily as it is said was
popular among souvernirs for overseas tourists. I assume sentence I cited
should not be taken seriously. (It is technically impossible to confirm
that "nobody in Japan" knows it).

Incidentally, I saw the photograph of the original Dharma and the original
Matreshka in the in-flight journal of Aeroflot some years ago (I vaguely
remember the original was sold somewhere in the Urals for tourists
from Moscow).

Cheers,
Tsuji