Robots Part 2

Jason Merrill jmerrill at DREW.EDU
Wed Oct 3 18:57:36 UTC 2001

Dear Seelangers,
        After my summary posting last week about robots in Russian film I
received more replies, which I'll summarize below:
        - "Ego zvali Robert" - a cult film from the 60s, a robot tries to fall
in love. lead a normal life, etc.
        - "Prikliucheniya Elektronika" - a made for TV 80s movie (3 parts) in
which a robot escapes from the lab and tries to blend in
w/highschoolers)
        - "Gostya iz buduschego" - robot Verter provides comic relief, late
80s made for TV movie based on Kir Bulychev's science fiction.
        - "Podzemelye ved'my" - early 90s, a planet is held in submission by
mysterious witches/priestesses who also turn out to be robots (also
based on K. Bulychev's povest')
        - a Russian movie called "Ya - robot" (seen sometime in the
70s)
        - the curiosity _planeta bur_ (klushantsev, 1962), hacked up and
incorporated into the american films _voyage to the prehistoric planet_
(harrington 1965) and _voyage to the planet of prehistoric women_
(bogdanovich 1968).
        - the robot-like features of the inhabitants of Mars in Aelita (1924).

My thanks to all who replied!
--
Jason A. Merrill
Dept. of German and Russian