Margarita's actors speaking Russian list

cheryl07 cheryl07 at SATX.RR.COM
Tue Oct 16 23:51:42 UTC 2001

I can't believe you left out Robin Williams in "Moscow on the Hudson"!
Perhaps it's fresh in my mind because he recentlly was on "Inside the
Actors' Studio", and claimed to have studied Russsian, not just its
phonetic pronunciation, with a native speaker to prepare for his role as
a Russian immigrant.  He obliged the interviewer with a few words to the
audience right then and there on the show.
   Bet more than one person brings this one up.
I never thought of making a list...but my husband always wants to know
if it's "really Russian" when some crops up on tv.  I have noticed there
are now actual Russian native-speakers sometimes.  Seem to remember a
Law & Order or NYPD Blue or something with several a few years ago in
one episode.
Cheryl Boone-Delgado