Margarita's actors speaking Russian list

Morgan-Cheshire, Sadie Sadie.Morgan-Cheshire at BL.UK
Wed Oct 17 16:34:36 UTC 2001

Dear Seelangers

I don't know whether this has already been mentioned, but there are some
great attempts at Russian in the James Bond films. In particular, I'm
thinking of the exchange between Denise Richards and Pierce Brosnan in 'The
World is Not Enough', which goes something like this (with my own
transliteration for maximum effect)...

Denise: Tee ochin harasho govoreesh po rooski.
Pierce: Spasibo. Yah oochilsyah v Oxforde.

Priceless!

Sadie Morgan-Cheshire
Slavonic, The British Library

legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you
are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify
the postmaster at bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be
disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of
the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British
Library. The British Library does not take any responsibility for
the views of the author.