artel

Yoshimasa Tsuji yamato at YT.CACHE.WASEDA.AC.JP
Thu Oct 18 10:50:32 UTC 2001

Hello,
>> I have never heard the word artel used in reference to the "kooperativ" in
>> the last eight years in Moscow and Petersburg: they usually say,
>> "masterskaja", "magazin", etc.
>
>I am just wondering if they still use the name of "Artel invalidov"
>
>Edward Dumanis <dumanis at acsu.buffalo.edu>

I have been thinking that people no longer liked the word "artel", but
it seems that not everyone did so. Have a look at
   http://www.aport.ru

and search "artel' invalidov", and you will find 173 sites! Some relate
to Soviet era, but some definitely refer to present day organizations.

Incidentally, I had thought people liked the word "associacija", but
"kooperacija" seems to be as popular.

Cheers,
Tsuji