bat again

John Dingley jdingley at YORKU.CA
Fri Oct 19 12:37:17 UTC 2001

Hi,

I have now succeeded in rechecking "blanacek" (for actual spelling,
see: http://dlll.yorku.ca/johnd/Kuvia/Muita/bla.jpg) with the
Moravian colleague who told me about the word. The lady in question
was born and brought up in Brno. Here is what she says:

"Das Wort blanacek ist mir gut bekannt, es hei_t wirklich Fledermaus;
blana bedeutet u.a.Flughaut. Ich w|rde sagen, da_ blanacek kein
Dialektwort ist. ..."

It still seems strange to me that no-one else appears to have heard
the word.

John Dingley