Urban Planning in the Soviet Union

Melissa Frazier mfrazier at MAIL.SLC.EDU
Fri Oct 19 15:36:42 UTC 2001

Dear colleagues,

I have a student who wants to do a project on Soviet urban planning and
architecture.  Can anyone suggest any texts he might look at?  He can read
Russian but not very quickly, so I think it would also be helpful for him
if possible to do some more introductory reading in English to orient him
to specific Russian texts, both primary and secondary.  Also:  while I've
come up with ideas for literary texts that would be interesting from the
point of view of urban planning/architecture, that's tangential to what he
wants to do -- he's really and art and architecture student and is looking
for the history of the city and city planning post-1917.  Any suggestions
would be very much appreciated and can be sent to me at mfrazier at mail.slc.edu.

Thank you!

Melissa Frazier